Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fibula Not Healing
Robert Zambenini (47.149.219.---)   9:26am Apr 13 2018

I am in similar case. I had my 4 month x ray this past week and tibia is still not healing. For last three weeks I have been wearing a bone growth stimulator. He said lets go on to June and evaluate at 6 month point and at that time if not healing we will do a special CAT scan to look at veins and nerves.
I confessed I had walked a bit as sometimes when engrossed in something, I have gotten up from my wheel chair and taken some steps and also move around counters in kitchen standing. He said fine, lets do a little walking as long as you have support to hold on to but no walking outside. He said we don't want to damage the hardware.

All this is fine with me for now as I have read some of us don't heal very fast and I am 85 years old.

As an aside, when looking at x ray I said the Fibula has healed and closed. He said that does not matter as I don't care about the Fibula. It does not matter because we need the Tibia to heal!

He also said at this point I am not considering surgery to remove nails.

12/9/17 Broke Tib Fib in fall on front porch
12/10/17 Surgery to install rod with screws
12 days In Hosp. PT OT rehab
02/14/18 X Ray shows some Tib closure, Fib healed. Continue 25% wb
03/14/18 X Ray no change, start bone growth stimulator

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fibula Not Healing  new
Stephanie Kunz  4:35am Apr 13 2018
 Re: Fibula Not Healing  new
Robert Zambenini  9:26am Apr 13 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 April 2018