Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Tibia pain
EdHesson    12:15pm Apr 13 2018

Hey Joe, Iím at week 8, with a lower spiral fracture of the tibia and IM rod. Last week I started fwb pt. That week, I went out to a social gathering and fell on it, putting all my weight. I felt a sharp pain around and above the lower screw site. I was worried and went into the pt the next day. Interestingly, I had more range but sharp stabbing pains near the break site. It was then they gave me a new excercise, basically seated, then hand braced toe lifts, to help build the muscle that hugs that area. Muscle atrophied so bad that the pains were in effect it spasming. What I also learned Is that if you are not massaging out the screws and the scar site for scar tissue, this will cause pain and tightness. After a week of the exercises, the pain at the fracture site is gone. Itís all soft tissue. When doing your fwb exercise at PT, what i find helps, is the E-stim with a warm compress before doing the strength exercises, helps everything move freely. Best. Good luck

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tibia pain  new
JoeT  2:51pm Mar 28 2018
 Re: Tibia pain  new
Pauline M Hall  10:26am Mar 31 2018
JoeT  1:59pm Mar 31 2018
Nikki M  4:05pm Apr 2 2018
EdHesson  12:15pm Apr 13 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 June 2018