Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Screw removal?
Ange    11:14am Apr 20 2018

Hi all,
I'm doing really well. Walked for the first time with no boot and no crutches this week :) Felt like I'd just walked on the moon.

Walking inside my house with boot and no crutches easily, outside with a crutch on standby mode. About to start walking outside with no boot this week.

Been referred back to my orthopedist due to a lot of pain around right side of ankle. I have a plate there and six screws. Problem area is a screw right on the corner of my lateral malleolus. Its rubbing against the boot and is sore a lot of the time.

Ortho did say at my 6week checkup that it would have to come out at some time, so I'll find out when that will be.

Does the pain ease from this eventually or will it be ongoing til removal?

Also I'd love to know recovery time/experiences after screw removal. My physio and I are so impressed with the range of motion I've already got back in my ankle, and we don't wanna lose it!

Thanks,
Ange

trimalleolar fracture 22 Jan 18
Surgery 30 Jan 18 - 2 plates and 13 screws
Fiberglass cast nwb
NWB In Walker Boot 28 Feb 18
Starting 25% WB 19 Mar 18
Starting 75% wb and one crutch 11 Apr 18

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Screw removal?  new
Ange  11:14am Apr 20 2018
 Re: Screw removal?  new
ASR  10:56pm May 4 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 July 2018