Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

limping and screw removal
Caryn    11:39am Jun 5 2018

It's been a little over 1 year since I broke my tib/fib and had a rod and 6 screws placed in my leg. I recently ended physical therapy as it seemed to be time. Much of the work I did was for strengthening my leg and working on getting rid of the limp that just won't go away. I am very upset that I still limp as it makes walking exhausting and has greatly impacted my enjoyment of going for walks.

During the winter my leg where the upper screws were inserted, was really bothering me and it was clear that it was connected to the screws. Now months later it doesn't seem significant at all but I have surgery planned in 3 weeks to remove all 6 of them. My doctor feels that as long as I have to have the surgery that its best to take them all out so I won't have to have another surgery in the future.
My fear is that the surgery isn't going to help my limp and I am wondering if it's worth going through with it. Has anyone had a similar experience with screws and limping? I am trying hard to control how I walk thinking that it might be a habit that I developed and that the removal really won't help.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

March 15 Fell and broke Tibia and Fibula 3 breaks
March 16 Surgery- 1 nail and 2 screws, casted
March 21 Back to ER cast too tight, replaced
March 29 2 week check. Booted NWB still using walker
April12th 4 week check. Still NWB walker
week 13 boot

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

limping and screw removal  new
Caryn  11:39am Jun 5 2018
 Re: limping and screw removal  new
Alybrokeherleg  1:06am Jun 6 2018
Alybrokeherleg  1:09am Jun 6 2018
Caryn  5:44am Jun 6 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 August 2018