Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Opinions Welcome: Getting support from others
Becca S    3:26am Sep 30 2018

Hello forum. I have broken my foot. A "Jones" fracture on my 5th metatarsal and have been saddled with a minimum 3 month healing timeline with a 20% I'll still need surgery if I do not heal well in the follow-up visits.

Here's my conundrum:

My spouse is deployed overseas as a contracted position on a US base. He'll be gone 6 months. I decided to stay active and entertained while he was gone by focusing on me. So I took a modern dance class. You can ALL guess where that ended up. The Emergency Room.

Now I am stuck without my spouse and basically on bedrest. UGH! I'm miserable. As others have posted about, the mental struggles are so real. I'm staying at my parents, but it's hard to accept help from my brothers and parents and I really just want my spouse here.

So he's talked to his captain at work and they've all agreed it would be well within his right to end his contract (amicably, with his bonus for a "complete season") and come home.

But nowwww.... I'm feeling so needy, and awful, and guilty, and co-dependent, and dumb.... Ugh. Like why can't I just do this on my own. Why am I not strong enough to last 5 more months and heal on my own?

Ugh. Sorry. Any help out there in broken bone world?

Thanks,
B

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Opinions Welcome: Getting support from others  new
Becca S  3:26am Sep 30 2018
 Re: Opinions Welcome: Getting support from others  new
Embonious  11:04am Oct 15 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 October 2018