Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Opinions Welcome: Getting support from others
Embonious    11:04am Oct 15 2018

Hi Becca,
I am so sorry to hear about your injury! That sounds really difficult to handle while your spouse is away.
I am on 4 weeks of healing from a broken fibula and tibia. After surgery I spent 3 days in the hospital, and my boyfriend visited every day for hours. He goes to all my appointments with me, he cooks all our meals, deals with all the household chores, shopping, paperwork etc.
I've also been struggling with how utterly unable I am to do even the most basic things.. when I first came home I couldn't even wash myself alone, and now I still need supervision getting in and out of the tub.
What's been helping me is imagining if the roles were reversed. I would be happy to take care of my boyfriend if he was in my position, and I wouldn't blame it on him. Perhaps this is overly simplistic, but since that occurred to me I feel better about it. It is hard to deal with being so helpless, but it's not your fault, and those who love you care for you and want to help you heal.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Opinions Welcome: Getting support from others  new
Becca S  3:26am Sep 30 2018
 Re: Opinions Welcome: Getting support from others  new
Embonious  11:04am Oct 15 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 November 2018