Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Tibia not healing
SMM    3:14pm Oct 19 2018

Hi Nicola,
I was on this board and drop in infrequently these days. Sorry to hear about your injury. I had a bad break a long time ago, and I remember no fracture healing was visible on x-rays for just under 3 months, but that does not mean that nothing positive wasn't happening. It just does take time, and healing for many doesn't register on x rays for a few months. Also, I don't know but perhaps the hardware can slow down calcification? I healed in casts, and that meant longer times non-weight bearing. And yes, swelling for some weeks, maybe depending on soft tissue injury, is not unusual at all.

Sorry to hear about the work situation. I think both that and the injury may be causing stress? I know these are two entirely related issues, but I think separating and identifying the stresses caused by both might be helpful. The fact that you took a long walk...gave me such a positive feeling. One way I coped was by cataloguing accomplishments.

I hope the work situation is on the way to a resolution. How are you doing?

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tibia not healing  new
Nicola Stan  3:13am Oct 17 2018
 Re: Tibia not healing  new
SMM  3:14pm Oct 19 2018
Embonious  10:08am Oct 21 2018
Nicola Stan  5:21am Oct 26 2018
Ka  2:18pm Oct 29 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 November 2018