Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: adjusting to normal life?
Nicola Stan    3:01pm Nov 12 2018

Hi Embonios,

Iím nearly 4 months into a broken tib and fib, plate and 6 screws. Normal life? My temporary normal life is different and Iíve had to adapt to being mainly housebound for the few couple of months, Iíve had the use of a wheelchair so I can continue my passion cooking in the kitchen. Iím on crutches and getting out locally now - I love the outdoors and itís amazing the things u notice at a slower pace, especially in the autum with the leaves, birds and berries, even the rain fascinates me. I took to getting out very slowly and kept tearing up whenever anyone talked to me, I donít anymore thank goodness. Iíve found I have the patience of a saint integards to what I can do and what frustrates me. Iím not driving yet as my bone is not healing as it should be and I am not back at work. I felt anxious mentally and almost agoraphobic about getting back to work, constant negative thoughts. I popped to see my gp and was told the anxious feeling is temporarily usual with broken legs and this out my mind at rest. I shall go back to work also in December a couple of days a week first of all and see how it goes, I have not felt mentally or physically able to go physically into my office up until now and worried about every single aspect of work and how I would get about and rest. I feel ready to go back now, I know itís taken a while but each break is personal and this is how I roll. My husband has found it difficult dealing with the new temporary me. Iíve gone from a very outdoor adventure female and parter - we went travelling Asia and Scotland last year for 8 months!!!! To me now, quite sedimentary ... he sees my tears and emotionally opts out as it is his way of dealing with me, this has literally broken my heart. But in a way, I didnít know that aspect of him, even after 15 years of being together and I accept this part of him. See, this new temporary life allows different aspects to be seen. I broke my leg but gained my sister back - we used to be close when we were younger but grew apart with busy lives - she has been such a rock these past few months. In a way Iím please I broke my leg as I have got my old sister back- nobody tells you that!!! Iíve gained a new passion for star gazing in my garden...I hope my ramble has shown you my experience, the downside and what I have gained. All the very best in the next few weeks , take each day as it comes and take it slow.... enjoy the slower pace....Iím awaiting my next hospital appointment to see if my leg is now healing. Fingers and toes crossed. Nicky

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

adjusting to normal life?  new
Embonious  8:25am Nov 12 2018
 Re: adjusting to normal life?  new
Nicola Stan  3:01pm Nov 12 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018