Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken leg playing football
Nicola Stan    4:32am Nov 23 2018

Hi Lee,

I'm 4 months (or is it 4.5?- I've lost count and take each day by day) I can only wish that your recovery is balanced. Mine has been a bit like a trampoline - up and down, sometimes quite high and sometimes quite low, but I feel 'normal' now, like my old self. I was nervous over each and every single aspect of my life - my partner walking past my leg, getting over a tiny step into the garden - having a shower was bloody bliss the first time!!!!! But I was scared of knocking my leg on the taps, the bath top, the floor - all in my head and my thoughts. I thought I was going mad...worries over work - I even went back 2 weeks after my accident as I felt guilty (???) Luckily (?) I had a bit of a breakdown month 3 and took some time off work. It took me ages and ages and ages to get it in my head that I NEED time to heal, both mentally and physically. Each to their own - each person to their own healing, there doesn't seem to be the same story for each and every person on this site. There is no race, no prizes....Just hope that life will resume - and it will, or will not, whatever is the case. I sound like a preacher now and that is not my intention. All the very best. :-)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken leg playing football  new
Lee’s-busted-leg  2:48pm Nov 18 2018
 Re: Broken leg playing football  new
Pauline M Hall  5:12am Nov 19 2018
Embonious  3:55am Nov 20 2018
Lee’s-busted-leg  7:25am Nov 21 2018
Embonious  4:55pm Nov 21 2018
Nicola Stan  4:32am Nov 23 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018