Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

5th metatarsal transverse fracture — 3rd week!
Jas Ng    4:37am Nov 23 2018

Hi guys, I fractured my 5th metatarsal on the 5th or November while at work stepping down from an island and onto the road with my heels on. They weren’t even high heels! I normally wear higher booties. This has been the worst case of luck all year round. I had to get wheeled down from the 6th floor and into the elevator with an office chair. By the time I was downstairs, I was in tears. Must have been the worst pain I’ve endured.
Has anyone else here broken their 5th metatarsal?
This is my 18th day recovering. I have finally worked up the courage yesterday to put on a moon boot and walk slowly on my heel without crutches. Hooray!
Although on the 20th of November, I slipped in the rain and put pressure on my toes and thought I had moved a step back in the healing process. But all seems to be fine.
The past few weeks have been really depressing and I was just wondering if anyone can give me some peace of mind as I am constantly anxious about my fracture not healing :(
Also, is there anything I can do for strength in my right leg? (Broken foot) as my left seems so be super dominant and I don’t want to be in complete muscular atrophy!
Thanks in advance x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

5th metatarsal transverse fracture — 3rd week!  new
Jas Ng  4:37am Nov 23 2018
 Re: 5th metatarsal transverse fracture — 3rd week!  new
Allessandra  1:25pm Nov 24 2018
Embonious  3:37am Nov 28 2018
Jas Ng  12:53am Nov 30 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018