Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

lateral tibial plateau fracture
Beth T    9:37am Dec 4 2018

On November 13 I was hit by a car making an accelerated left turn as I was crossing the street with my dog (he is okay, he was walking slightly ahead of me). On November 23 I had surgery where three screws were installed. To make matters worse I had broken a wrist earlier this year so I wasn't expecting another broken bone so soon! I am told this is a fairly common fracture so I am hoping there are people out there who have been through this to give any advice or answer any questions because this is far worse than a broken wrist.

I am in a hinged brace that is now set to allow my knee to bend 90 degrees and I am tasked with trying to get there by 4-5 weeks post op. Now that I am up and around more and working on bending my knee, my knee is beginning to increase in swelling when it had gone down some at my post op.I am hoping this is common but should I be contacting the orthopedic center about this?

I live in Minnesota and the idea of having to use crutches on snow and ice terrifies me (especially since I broke my wrist on icy stairs with two good legs)! I am using Mobilegs crutches. Does anyone have any advice or know of any accessories that would work with the feet of these crutches?

What can I reasonably expect for recovery? I have read a couple of discussions and it sounds like some recovery can be long and complicated but those injuries are slightly different from mine.

I welcome any information/advice, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the questions I have posed.

Thanks!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

lateral tibial plateau fracture  new
Beth T  9:37am Dec 4 2018
 Re: lateral tibial plateau fracture  new
Embonious  10:53am Dec 4 2018
Beth T  9:02am Dec 17 2018
Nicola Stan  12:37pm Dec 4 2018
Kate B  6:22pm Dec 6 2018
Beth T  9:18am Dec 17 2018
Beth T  9:10am Dec 17 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018