Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

broken and depressed
Rosalind Whitmore    10:05am Dec 4 2018

Six weeks ago we had floods here in our part of France. I woke to find a hole in the roof and stairs like a waterfall. It was while I was trying to negotiate my way downstairs that I slipped and fell. We had no electricity and no telephone. My husband carried me down to the sofa and found me a pain killer. Just then our neighbour passed and we hailed her. Fortnately she had one bar of reception on her mobile phone and managed to call the ambulance which was a lng time coming. We live in an isolated village in a mountain region of the South of France. An hour later the ambulance came, no a usual one from a village seven miles away, but another from a small town to the southeast. The ambulance men explained that the local ambulance couldn't reach us because of swept away bridges and roads had become rivers. It took two hours to reach our nearest town, usually a half hour journey away. A day later I was operated on for a broken femur and a displaced prosthetic knee. Three days later I was transferred to another hospital for recovery and kinestherapie. I,m home now and limping alng with help of crutches. I should be delighted and happy but I'm not. Every day I end up weeping. It hits me out of nowhere, like a slap in the face. Has anyone else experienced this type of depression? Thanks, Rosie

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

broken and depressed  new
Rosalind Whitmore  10:05am Dec 4 2018
 Re: broken and depressed  new
Embonious  10:27am Dec 4 2018
 Re: broken and depressed  new
Nicola Stan  12:27pm Dec 4 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018