Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted
Leeís-busted-leg    12:47pm Dec 6 2018

Hi - I had my appointment at the fracture clinic today and itís not been good.
They sent me to X-ray as soon as I arrived and then I had to wait to see the consultant once more. He was a little concerned because the bones have shifted out of place in the back slab cast I had been in. He told me that as there was no new bone growth as yet then this wasnít a problem - in other words the bone was not growing out of alignment.
So unfortunately I had to have my breaks put back into place by the consultant manipulating them while I was sedated.
I had the back slab removed and they gave me medazolam into a vein in my hand and pulled my bones into place. It hurt but not as much as Iíd feared it would.
Iíve my leg set in a complete plaster of Paris cast toes to hip - when it had set they cut a small slit down one side from my knee to foot to allow for any further swelling and then secured it by wrapping white sticky tape, I think fibreglass, from my toes to the top edge of the plaster at my hip.
Other than the ache from the manipulation and the cold of the plaster as itís still wet inside, it feels ok.
Iím feeling ok to a point - just frustrated that Iím not healing.
Itís been three weeks since I broke my leg, and Iím sat here staring at my leg inside the cast and thinking Iím light years away from being cast-free, healed and back playing football again.

Broken tibia and fibula 16th Nov, full leg cast 23 Nov for 2-3 months

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Leeís-busted-leg  12:47pm Dec 6 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Jas Ng  6:13pm Dec 6 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Embonious  10:16am Dec 7 2018
WB  2:12pm Dec 7 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018