Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted
Jas Ng    6:13pm Dec 6 2018

Hi Lee,

Iím sorry that youíre feeling frustrated, I am with you on that one!
Itís normal for 3 weeks to show no healing yet. I visited the fracture clinic on the second week hoping that my xrays will show soft callus formation. Little did I know, they donít show up until 6-8 weeks. Hang in there!
I know itís easier said than done, but I promise you that it gets a little bit easier every day.
I take vitamin c (1000mg) vitamin d (1000iu) and calcium & vitamin d (333mg and 333iu x 3 = 999mg and 999iu) every day! ó yes, I double up on vitamin d. Itís important to take these essential vitamins to help healing. Also try sleeping a minimum of 8 hours.
Eat a crap load of protein too! I buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up to make sandwiches. Eggs and tuna are also great sources of protein!
Calculating your macros might help you (I am a heavy lifter prior to breaking my 5th metatarsal so eating a tonne of protein is normal to me)
On another note, ensure your mental state is healthy also.
What Iíve learnt in the past 5 weeks is that you go through stages ó the frustration, the sadness and grieving, the acceptance and finally you find some hope. Itís really important to make sure that youíre doing ok in your head. Losing yourself is much worse than any bone in your body.
Stay positive Lee :)

Jas x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Leeís-busted-leg  12:47pm Dec 6 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Jas Ng  6:13pm Dec 6 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Embonious  10:16am Dec 7 2018
WB  2:12pm Dec 7 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 December 2018