Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted
Embonious    10:16am Dec 7 2018

Hi Lee,
Sorry to hear you're feeling rough. I empathize, I'm on week 12 and my checkup this past Tuesday showed that my fibula is basically the same as it was a month ago, which leaves me wondering when/if my bones will every be normal and strong again.. On a positive note, I was given permission to start working towards full weight bearing (my break required ORIF surgery and I have an IM nail and an assortment of smaller nails, so my experience is different than yours, but still, as time passes, positive stuff starts sprinkling in with the negative) fib/tib fractures are difficult and frustrating to deal with. I noticed a positive change in my attitude when the physical symptoms started reducing. As my leg starting feeling more robust, less massively swollen, and overall less touchy, and as I got more used to my new normal, I began to feel much better despite still experiencing setbacks, frustrations and so on. It's especially hard if you're used to being active and sporty, and now you're left sitting with your foot up feeling your thigh waste away. I'm still not entirely comfortable with that either..
Sorry I can't offer more words of wisdom on how to get through the difficult and/or anxious thoughts, but you will, and you will heal, and you will be playing football again. The body is a pretty magnificent machine. My 12 weeks have passed surprisingly quickly, and I think I said it before, but the beginning is absolutely the most difficult part, when you're still in shock about the sudden and humongous change in circumstances. Anyway, there is strength in numbers and I have found just reading people's experiences on here soothing.
hope you have a nice weekend despite your gimpy leg. Sending good thoughts your way x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Lee’s-busted-leg  12:47pm Dec 6 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Jas Ng  6:13pm Dec 6 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic: breaks manipulated and heavy full leg plaster cast fitted  new
Embonious  10:16am Dec 7 2018
WB  2:12pm Dec 7 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 March 2019