Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Fracture clinic, Friday: no surgery, leg set in full leg cast
Jessieberenson    8:10am Dec 8 2018

Sorry to hear youíve broken your leg, Iíve basically done exactly the same! Broke tib and fib clean break left leg just above my ankle, no surgery required! Which is honestly so lucky so honestly I feel healing naturally without surgery is the best option even though it takes time just bear that in mind. I am on week 9 and I am full weight bearing with a special cast called Sarmiento cast which is up to the knee. Basically had 4 weeks with full cast and then had this Sarmiento cast on, it allows you to put weight on, started putting a little weight on 3 weeks ago now I put full weight on which is insane considering I thought it would be forever and a day. So donít despair it will get better and heal you just gotta ride out the initial pain and healing pain but I promise it does get better . Not saying you will be running around but you will get there. I still have my crutches and it does hurt a little but thatís mainly the muscles not used to working. My doctor says at this stage you can still see the fracture line but you can also see that there is lots of calus forming to support it and I believe that the early weight bearing stimulated that growth so fast. obviously every doctor is different in how they treat you, assuming youíre in US? Iím in England not sure how it differs. It is hard initially it completely halts all your plans and life goes on hold but you just got to keep your mind busy and accept what you cannot change. My main tip is listen to your doctor, when he said 3 weeks ago to put weight on I thought he was mad, yes it hurt and yes I had a horrible mental block about it but itís all paid off in the end, I have my cast off in 1 week so thatís only 10 weeks in a cast not bad! Honestly positive thinking got me through, not that I didnít have my dark days and I still have a long way to go but the sun will come up tommorow. Wish you all the best in your recovery

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Fracture clinic, Friday: no surgery, leg set in full leg cast  new
Leeís-busted-leg  1:11am Nov 25 2018
 Re: Fracture clinic, Friday: no surgery, leg set in full leg cast  new
WB  7:18am Nov 25 2018
Embonious  2:20pm Nov 25 2018
Pauline M Hall  2:30am Nov 30 2018
Jessieberenson  8:10am Dec 8 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 January 2019