Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: jogging and pilon fractures
SMM    12:25pm Dec 14 2018

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on the recovery! I still occasionally stop in and it always feels great to hear about recovery. If your doctor says that exercise is fine, I would think all is OK. What you describe about the stiffness and mid tingling sounds very normal. I don't know if the hardware is causing issues, but I used to do a lot of running (still try to do some) and I know that muscles and nerves that get used to relaxing often get 'jolted awake' when stressed and physical activity resumes. That will cause some discomfort until the soft tissue is again re-acclimatized. If you have been away from running for some time, then just make sure to get back gradually. I would also think that if the tingling and numbness becomes persistent or does not resolve, that might be something to mention to your doctor.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

jogging and pilon fractures  new
chris mccabe  5:01pm Dec 13 2018
 Re: jogging and pilon fractures  new
chris mccabe  5:02pm Dec 13 2018
SMM  12:25pm Dec 14 2018
chris mccabe  5:21pm Dec 14 2018
SMM  11:05pm Dec 14 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
16 January 2019