Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: jogging and pilon fractures
SMM    11:05pm Dec 14 2018

Hi Chris,
Again, so great to hear about your progress. I hope the leg is feeling better and better with the exercise. As it feels better, you'll no doubt just want to do more and more (that was the case with me).
Your remark about standing up, that caused some memories to rush back. Yes, I can relate, though the leg should be able to bear weight (?). And I'm also reminded about proper gait. A fracture can change the mechanics of a leg, so do be careful with the running gait. When I first broke the leg back in the 80s, I found certain things changed permanently. Whenever I ran, I would always stop on the leg that wasn't injured, and that's still the case. From that first time (to now), I never got over not liking physical contact with the leg. With contact sports, I remember silent panic attacks when the left leg took a tackle..Yes, your observation brought back memories.

Best wishes,
Matt

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

jogging and pilon fractures  new
chris mccabe  5:01pm Dec 13 2018
 Re: jogging and pilon fractures  new
chris mccabe  5:02pm Dec 13 2018
SMM  12:25pm Dec 14 2018
chris mccabe  5:21pm Dec 14 2018
SMM  11:05pm Dec 14 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 September 2019