Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: lateral tibial plateau fracture
Beth T    9:18am Dec 17 2018

Hi Kate,

Thank you for responding and I apologize for my late response. There are accessories for regular crutches but I have an upgraded crutch by Mobilegs that has a wider foot and the accessories wouldn't fit on it. The Mobilegs rep told me that crutch manufactures don't make those accessories due to liability issues.

I actually use Yak Trax on my boots in the winter times when it is icy and they work great. The ironic thing is that when I broke my wrist, I had taken them off my boots the day before because it wasn't icy and I didn't want to ruin them. Snow had melted the day before and refroze on my front steps. I was actually treating my steps with ice melt and carefully stepped down one step and that's all it took! Hind sight is 20/20. Ruining a pair of $20 Yak Trax is far better than breaking your wrist! Lesson learned.

Happy Holidays to you!
Beth

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

lateral tibial plateau fracture  new
Beth T  9:37am Dec 4 2018
 Re: lateral tibial plateau fracture  new
Embonious  10:53am Dec 4 2018
Beth T  9:02am Dec 17 2018
Nicola Stan  12:37pm Dec 4 2018
Kate B  6:22pm Dec 6 2018
Beth T  9:18am Dec 17 2018
Beth T  9:10am Dec 17 2018

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 September 2019