Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Wet weather walking on crutches
Nicola Stan    8:05am Dec 19 2018

The weather in the uk has been wet n windy and not good for walking on crutches. I wonder what type of exersize fellow 'breakers' have been managing to do in winter weather? I am 4.5 months into my broken leg, just started driving again and am out of my boot into normal trainers. Today has been lovely and sunny so I took a different route to my usual route and came across a family of 5 deer eating the farmers cabbages, the cabbages seem to be glistening in the wet n sunny weather, quite beautiful. Lots of berries on the bushes and birds galore. I went to the super market for the first time since July 26th and thought this is a really good idea for walking when it is wintry weather outside. I crutched with one crutch and had a trolly to hold onto, walked very slowly round the isles and had a good nose at all the xmas trash. I think this will be my new walking route - we have 5 supermarkets within a 5-10 min drive....Oh, and during the rotten weather I've maxed out of making home made treats - home made marzipan, home made chocolate and rum truffles, and will make home made Bailey's and 'bounty bars' tomorrow. What is anyone else up to? TV has been fab - final of Master chef, Grizzly bear cubs, Turtles, Eagles and Cheaters. Winter is not so bad after all....take care Nicky.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Wet weather walking on crutches  new
Nicola Stan  8:05am Dec 19 2018
 Re: Wet weather walking on crutches  new
Nicola Stan  8:07am Dec 19 2018
SMM  2:47pm Dec 19 2018
Nicola Stan  10:52am Dec 20 2018
Pauline M Hall  10:03am Jan 1 2019
Nicola Stan  1:45pm Jan 1 2019
Nicola Stan  1:51pm Jan 1 2019
Embonious  6:47am Jan 3 2019
Nicola Stan  7:32am Jan 3 2019
Embonious  8:18am Jan 3 2019
Nicola Stan  8:52am Jan 3 2019
Karen B  7:08am Jan 5 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 September 2019