Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: broken and depressed
Teri Miller    4:09am Dec 31 2018

Completely normal, considering the amount of stress you went through, both physical and mental. You are allowed to cry and feel sorry for yourself and your "new normal". Just take it day by day. Like the flood waters, this too, shall pass. But there will be hard days getting there. Take advantage of this support. When I went through my broken leg in 2009-10, it was a real life saver. If those on the site aren't enough, ask your doctor for help. I'm sure you have local call centers you can find online.

I have stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and just shattered my proximal humerus. I had to chose between shoulder replacement and a drug trial. The drug trial won. I've cried more over this broken arm than I ever cried over having terminal cancer. I am so upset with being so careless. Plus the break has been extremely painful. So I'may allowing myself a breakdown. You should, too. Don't be so hard on yourself. What we are going through is hard. Sometimes a good cry or angry outburst is just what we need to get us to the next step in accepting the new challenges we are facing. Just because we feel down, defeated, or sob does not mean we are weak. We are grieving and preparing ourselves for the challenges that lie ahead. Go girl!

10/24/09 Fell stepping off curb; RICE
10/26/09 OS; Oblique fx left fibula; no offset; knee cast; NWB; cut and sprain of rt ft
11/30/09 PWB
12/21/09 Cast off; boot; WBAT
01/11/10 FWB; Boot
02-11-10 Boot; bone mostly healed; PT
03/10/10 Released!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

broken and depressed  new
Rosalind Whitmore  10:05am Dec 4 2018
 Re: broken and depressed  new
Embonious  10:27am Dec 4 2018
Nicola Stan  12:27pm Dec 4 2018
Teri Miller  4:09am Dec 31 2018
Nicola Stan  1:56pm Jan 1 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 June 2019