Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Wet weather walking on crutches
Nicola Stan    1:45pm Jan 1 2019

People often ask how my leg is and I've got my answer down to a tap now. I tell them that my broken leg is like a graph chart, bottom is my broken leg and top is my healed leg - I will heal at the end of my graph but getting from the bottom to the top is gradual, and sometimes it goes up steadily, and then down, and then it goes up and down very quickly. I'd say I'm sort of in the middle but after each 'up' there is a down. For instance, in my air boot I got very confident, I could dance and walk without crutches and felt fab - my graph chart was on a definate 'up'....but then the doctor at the hospital told me my leg did not show signs of healing and I went low again on my chart - a steep dip. He suggested I take vitamin D supplement, which I did and not only 6 weeks later did my leg shows signed of healing (Whoop) but my hair and nails were growing at a rate I have never known - I've not had my hair cut since my incident and will not until it is healed 100% (can't wait to have massively long hair!!!!!) So, my chart massively went 'up'...but then the doctor suggested I could take off the boot and walk with just one crutch....and....I felt like my recovery was knocked back 6 weeks - my foot ached and had stabbing feelings in which kept me awake at night, so my chart went 'down' again.....and so on, and so on. All increments right? Next increment is serious physiotherapy starting next week, and walking outside with only one crutch. I want to cycle again and swim....perhaps in Feb / March. Oh, and perhaps begin to work again in the new year. I'm so busy with plans for my chart - all this up and down makes me feel quite woozy!!!!!!!! Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that its easy to be positive when the chart is up, and I think easier when the the chart is 'down' - I see these as a blip....onwards and upwards x x x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Wet weather walking on crutches  new
Nicola Stan  8:05am Dec 19 2018
 Re: Wet weather walking on crutches  new
Nicola Stan  8:07am Dec 19 2018
SMM  2:47pm Dec 19 2018
Nicola Stan  10:52am Dec 20 2018
Pauline M Hall  10:03am Jan 1 2019
Nicola Stan  1:45pm Jan 1 2019
Nicola Stan  1:51pm Jan 1 2019
Embonious  6:47am Jan 3 2019
Nicola Stan  7:32am Jan 3 2019
Embonious  8:18am Jan 3 2019
Nicola Stan  8:52am Jan 3 2019
Karen B  7:08am Jan 5 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 September 2019