Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

two years after- pain and hardware?
FuschiaNovember1980    3:03pm Jan 8 2019

I'm back to regular life (for awhile now!) but still have regular pain. I'm going to see my doctor to ask about imaging and if this is a hardware issue- but has anyone had this or can share what "hardware complications" feel like?

Basically, I have 14 screws and I think two plates in my leg, and it feels like a shin splint... all the time. I've been to the osteopath and have done icing and water treatment (ice water and hot water alterations). I try not to over do it, but often just live with the pain. I also don't want to take medication and cause liver issues and such, so often just don't take anything or on really bad days I'll take a couple ibuprofen.

Any tips or advice on this would be great! I'm going to ask about this with the doctor and explore getting the hardware out (or at least ask the surgeon to really go over the pros and cons and if it's worth it).

09/30/2016- Fell in home, broke tib/fib. Surgery with hdwr
11/23/2016- Cast off, 50% WB and boot for next 6 wks
12/21/2016- Started physio
01/25/2017- FWB with boot for 6 +wks
03/15/2017- Boot off! Walking and physio

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

two years after- pain and hardware?  new
FuschiaNovember1980  3:03pm Jan 8 2019
 Re: two years after- pain and hardware?  new
SMM  1:53pm Jan 11 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 March 2019