Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: dealing with people who don't get it
Nicola Stan    4:06am Jan 11 2019

Hi Emily,

I tell people my injury is like a graph, bottom is accident and top is healed, I am half way but it is not a linear,there are ups and downs and then I tell them if I am on an 'up' or 'down' currently. Sometimes people accept that and ask no more questions but understand I maybe on a 'down', if I am on an 'up' I get more encouragement. That's how I explain.

It is tough, isn't it? But I'm tuff, I also get sad and cry but nobody sees that, not now anyway. People would be uncomfortable if they knew the depths of despair I sometimes feel, the frustration and total sadness and feeling of loss of my old life. I get these feelings daily - sadness and anger. I believe it's all a process of acceptance??

My break is a slow healer - for whatever reasons - my bones are taking it slow despite my brain and heart wishing them to heal quicker. I'm no slacker either -Currently I walk 15 km weekly, dance a lot, stair walk and constantly do my exercises and stretching. I was so active before my break - we traveled Asia and the Highlands of Scotland the year previously - hiking, mountain biking, scuba....but my bone is deciding to take it slow....I'm 5'9 but with size 4.5 feet, and with screws on my ankle no wonder my bone is saying @!#$....

It will be interesting reading to hear how other people deal with others?

-Nicky

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

dealing with people who don't get it  new
Embonious  12:33pm Jan 10 2019
 Re: dealing with people who don't get it  new
Nicola Stan  4:06am Jan 11 2019
Embonious  4:20am Jan 11 2019
Nicola Stan  5:05am Jan 11 2019
Embonious  6:36am Jan 12 2019
 Hi Nicola  new
SMM  2:13pm Jan 11 2019
 Re: Hi Nicola  new
Nicola Stan  2:42pm Jan 12 2019
 Re: Hi Nicola  new
SMM  10:11pm Jan 12 2019
SMM  2:07pm Jan 11 2019
Embonious  6:29am Jan 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 July 2019