Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: dealing with people who don't get it
Nicola Stan    5:05am Jan 11 2019

Hi Emily,

Agreed, it's lovely to type and read from you, especially as our breakages are almost the same time!!!! I hope you are still practicing your guitar :-) :-) What was your life like pre break? Are you musical or was guitar something you always wanted to learn?

Although I'm a slow healer, I still am really happy to know that you have been healing from month one, hooray!!! - my bone is a stubborn and slow one, just need to give a bit more TLC to it.

January sucks, although it is getting lighter now later, 4.23 and the sunsets can be pretty amazing. We have a pheasant coming into our garden now and he has been keeping me amused with his wobbly ears!! lol....I'm sure I laugh at the most insane things nowdays.

I hope you find a way to communicate to people about your break who just 'don't get it'. I think the worst people to not get it have been work, the expectation was I would be back and able to drive 150 miles and back for meetings and carry on full time after 1 month off work. I couldn't manage those expectations and resigned, for the company sake and my own. They were and are a very good company but I didn't feel that I could put in 100% of my energy during a really busy and important time for the company. Hey ho. C'est la vie.

Wishing you all the very best with your healing, guitaring and generally feeling better Emily.

Nicky x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

dealing with people who don't get it  new
Embonious  12:33pm Jan 10 2019
 Re: dealing with people who don't get it  new
Nicola Stan  4:06am Jan 11 2019
Embonious  4:20am Jan 11 2019
Nicola Stan  5:05am Jan 11 2019
Embonious  6:36am Jan 12 2019
 Hi Nicola  new
SMM  2:13pm Jan 11 2019
 Re: Hi Nicola  new
Nicola Stan  2:42pm Jan 12 2019
 Re: Hi Nicola  new
SMM  10:11pm Jan 12 2019
SMM  2:07pm Jan 11 2019
Embonious  6:29am Jan 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 July 2019