Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: dealing with people who don't get it
Embonious    6:36am Jan 12 2019

Hi Nicky!
Pre break I was pretty active too- primarily lots of walking/hiking, and also slacklining. I am hopeful I'll rebuild my knee muscles in time for summer, seems like a manageable goal.
I am indeed still working on the bass! It's become a daily routine of mine, and really helps add meaning to my time. I wasn't really attracted to it before my break, but it seemed like a cool thing I could do while sitting, and it's turned out to be great.
The pheasant sounds like great entertainment- I have been feed magpies that visit throughout the day, trying to befriend them :)
Your work experience sounds tough. It's along the same lines as this thread topic- people who haven't been through such a fracture have no idea that there's no way you'd be able to return to work and do a good job one month post-break. That's insanity. I admire your perspective, c'est la vie! A good thing to keep in mind during rough patches.
Have a great weekend and talk soon!

14 Sept 2018- hit by car, compound open tib/fib fracture, ORIF surgery to insert IM nail + 5 screws
19 Sept 2018- released from hospital, no cast, NWB
22 Oct 2018- 30% PWB, started physio
04 Dec 2018- working towards 100% WB indoors

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

dealing with people who don't get it  new
Embonious  12:33pm Jan 10 2019
 Re: dealing with people who don't get it  new
Nicola Stan  4:06am Jan 11 2019
Embonious  4:20am Jan 11 2019
Nicola Stan  5:05am Jan 11 2019
Embonious  6:36am Jan 12 2019
 Hi Nicola  new
SMM  2:13pm Jan 11 2019
 Re: Hi Nicola  new
Nicola Stan  2:42pm Jan 12 2019
 Re: Hi Nicola  new
SMM  10:11pm Jan 12 2019
SMM  2:07pm Jan 11 2019
Embonious  6:29am Jan 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 June 2019