Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: fracture healing question
Nicola Stan    3:39am Jan 25 2019

Hi Emily,

I hope you are well :-)

PT gave me some strengthening exercises a couple of weeks ago and they have helped massively - I can really really feel a difference in my ankle, walking steps, confidence and my thigh muscles ache from the exercises I have been doing, which feel great. I have to take a stride with my good leg but keep my bad leg on the round and practice walking heel to toe - I do this mainly all day if I am up and my ankle is stiff. I also strictly practice walking heel to toe around the house - this was extremely painful 2 weeks ago in my broken leg area, but now, although it hurts and I am aware of the pain it is not as bad and my limp has improved also. I also stretch my calf in my bad leg by putting my good leg on a step with my bad leg heel on the ground and gently stretching - this felt strange at first as my ankle was not strong at all, but now 2 weeks later I can feel it stretches differently as can actually feel good after the exercises. I also walk up the stairs a few times, this makes me feel out of breath and of course I do this carefully and slowly but it again really works my poor thigh muscle and I ache which feels good.

2 weeks ago, I was really in pain doing these exercises but have persevered strictly and I am feeling good - for the first time since my boot came off. Of course, I know healing is not linear and the PT said I will start practicing balancing and more strengthening exercises next time (2 weeks time) so I'm sure it will be painful to start off with again.

Anyway, as we are close in injuries I thought I'd let you know how my leg and exercises are doing and hope you also begin to get your strength and confidence up again.

I went for a walk around a lake last weekend and walking felt stronger, I walked with one crutch and my leg felt better than it had since my accident.

I also went SWIMMING for the first time since July 26th on my own and getting in the pool felt insane - I had a grin on my face start to finish. My leg felt good for half and hour with gently swimming and water walking and my arm muscles really ached which felt good and I slept well but was really really tired.

All the very best Emily

Nicky :-)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

fracture healing question  new
Embonious  2:46am Jan 24 2019
 Re: fracture healing question  new
SMM  2:46pm Jan 24 2019
Nicola Stan  3:39am Jan 25 2019
Nicola Stan  3:48am Jan 25 2019
Pauline M Hall  1:19pm Jan 25 2019
Embonious  11:14am Jan 27 2019
Embonious  11:10am Jan 27 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
22 September 2019