Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Manipulation Under Anesthesia
David W    3:35am Jan 28 2019

I had two manipulations following knee replacement surgery after a severe tibial plateau fracture. In spite of extensive PT, I had issues getting full extension due to scar tissue build-up. The manipulation itself is non-evasive and was a fairly painless procedure under anesthesia..took about a half hour and I only felt a little stiffness afterward. It's actually tougher on the doc than the patient as he/she is the one who has to do all the work in stretching and manipulating the leg.

Unfortunately, I never did get back to full extension. Following the second manipulation, I was given a leg extension device that I would strap my leg into and would tighten some straps to pull my leg into full extension. I would then keep it in full extension for 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes, my knee was stiff and painful and I couldn't put any weight on my leg when I tried to stand. That lasted another 5 minutes and then I gradually was able to walk again.

In spite of all my efforts, I'm still about 3 degrees short of full extension but have adapted and have no pain or trouble walking.

Good luck.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Manipulation Under Anesthesia  new
Petros  11:25am Jan 27 2019
 Re: Manipulation Under Anesthesia  new
David W  3:35am Jan 28 2019
Petros  10:48am Jan 28 2019
Petros  4:17am Feb 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 April 2019