Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

ORIF after 3 months!
ReneeT    4:36pm Feb 2 2019

I am super frustrated! I broke my ankle on November 11th. ER doc thought it would need surgery. When I saw the ortho doc he felt it had a good chance of healing on its own. I was put in a cast, non weight bearing for 8 weeks. At 8 weeks still no healing. Cast was taken off and I was given a boot. Doc told me to walk on it, as this would stress the bone and should stimulate bone growth. I questioned walking on my broken ankle and got a second opinion. They told me the same thing. So I started to walk on it a bit, mostly just around the house. I went back in 3 weeks for an X-ray only to find the bone had completely moved out of place. Surgery is now necessary. So on February 11th I am scheduled for ORIF as well as a bone graft, with the bone being harvested from my heal. So exactly 3 months out, I am starting over at square one.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

ORIF after 3 months!  new
ReneeT  4:36pm Feb 2 2019
 Re: ORIF after 3 months!  new
Embonious  2:29am Feb 3 2019
 Re: ORIF after 3 months!  new
Neoscan  4:35pm Feb 5 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
18 July 2019