Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: How has your broken leg changed yourself?
Nicola Stan    5:43am Feb 19 2019

I am actually crying now with all of the responses, thank you so much, it helps to put my brake and my life currently into perspective.

Matt, thank you so much for explaining the stage and your journal, I definitely can see that I am in the stage 3 - the plateau. I can 'see' that I am in this stage. Itís definitely relatable, it makes me think of hiking, the first stage, the steep stage is difficult and can sap known energy, but you keep going and you are amazed at your energy and unknown strength, you enjoy the views and scenery but it is still tough and you get tired. You come to the plateau, the 'long slog' as I see it, the presumed peak that you think you see, and then the continued slog up to the top - this can sometimes last the longest of the hike, not the most intense but sapping energy all the time, you wonder if you can actually reach the top. I suppose during this stage the scenery is still beautiful and you have many 'pit stops'... What a fabulous reference, I shall use this as I love to remember my hikes and walking, so much better than my flat graph, I need to visualise. I miss my hikes and generally getting outdoors. I went on a holiday a couple of weeks ago, mostly to walk and swim and get my leg stronger. ĎAllí I could do was watch people swimming in the waves, surfers - I did walk 8km a day, but very slow - this is not me, or I should say, this is not the old me. I could not even get onto the beach, feel the sand or sea. I was too scared to go into the sea - I have never been scared of the sea in my life, I scuba in all sorts of currents, kyack around the coast line of UK - these are all the things I miss. My husband is very adventurous also, but he could not make the holiday because of work, so I went alone, which is fine as I read a lot also and made some new friends. He has said he may go alone on an adventure holiday to Scotland, and this makes me sad, our life seems to beginning to seperate...I know that my thoughts are not reality currently, life is not that bad and I need to appreciate all that I have, my love of my children and family. I just need to get through this stage and concentrate on positive thoughts. That is what life is all about after all. :-)

Makayla, thank you for sharing your thoughts, I see disabled people very different, I live in a disabled village and when I go on my walks, I deal with my temporary break, these people deal with their disability each and every day. I will volunteer some of my time when I have healed, that is a definite! Itsí amazing what a break can do to your thoughts, positive enough to make you want to change your lifestyle is amazing. Something to look forward to and set goals for - well done :-)

Petros, your english language is perfect, thank you, I can fully relate to your story. I gave up my job after my break, mainly as I didnít think I could do it as well as recovering, my job was very pressurised, lots of government deadlines and precise attention to details and managing staff and work. I really like your Q&A, you are positive, honest and accepting of reality, that is important. I think I need to practice letting the wrong reality go. Really well done on being a Red Cross volunteer. And support is really important, it sounds like you have a wonderful girl and starting a family soon is wonderful and exciting. :-)

Emily, we broke out legs in different scenarios sort of at the same time - I read about your recovery and worries from a far and thank you for replying to all of my questions on here, you are wise beyond! Thank you x

Thank you again for sharing all of your thoughts everyoneÖ.I need to undo my deep thinking and live for the here and now, of course things will change from a broken leg and I need to be more patient during this stage of my recovery and look for a real goal to work towards.

Nicky x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

How has your broken leg changed yourself?  new
Nicola Stan  1:58pm Feb 14 2019
 Re: How has your broken leg changed yourself?  new
Petros  8:28am Feb 15 2019
SMM  1:26pm Feb 15 2019
Embonious  7:20am Feb 16 2019
Nicola Stan  3:17am Feb 17 2019
Embonious  8:27am Feb 17 2019
SMM  2:20am Feb 18 2019
Embonious  5:27am Feb 18 2019
SMM  4:19pm Feb 18 2019
Nicola Stan  11:06am Feb 18 2019
SMM  4:22pm Feb 18 2019
 or is this relatable?  new
SMM  5:06pm Feb 18 2019
MaKayla  4:44pm Feb 18 2019
Nicola Stan  5:43am Feb 19 2019
Embonious  8:04am Feb 19 2019
SMM  12:16am Feb 20 2019
Petros  4:04am Feb 19 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
19 March 2019