Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

feeling re-energized
Embonious    6:23am Mar 3 2019

Hi all,
I recently watched "Free Solo," the oscar/bafta winning documentary about Alex Honnold's solo climb of El Cap in Yosemite, and also "The Dawn Wall," Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgenson's free climb of El Cap's dawn wall. It has really motivated me to get back in shape; I've started working out with hanging/grip strength, pull ups, training for pushups and one legged squats (the bonus of having one broken leg is my healthy leg is the strongest it's ever been), along with my usual PT. I am lucky to have stall bars, rings, and a pull up bar in my apartment so I don't really have an excuse to not do something but I was seriously lacking motivation. Spring is arriving, which is also really helpful. I am setting active daily goals to work towards being in hiking/climbing/slacklining shape at some point, hopefully before the end of the summer. We'll see though, I don't want to get my hopes up.
Anyway just wanted to recommend these movies to fellow gimps as a reminder that the human body is amazing and we will be fit and strong again :) they were the push I needed to get back on a training schedule despite my broken bones.

14 Sept 2018- hit by car, compound open tib/fib fracture, emergency surgery IM nail + 5 screws
19 Sept 2018- released from hospital, NWB
22 Oct 2018- allowed max 30% PWB
04 Dec 2018- working towards 100% WB indoors
18 Feb 2019- First steps!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

feeling re-energized  new
Embonious  6:23am Mar 3 2019
 Re: feeling re-energized  new
Nicola Stan  5:07am Mar 6 2019
Embonious  1:46pm Mar 9 2019
Nicola Stan  2:24pm Mar 12 2019
Embonious  2:10pm Mar 14 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
17 September 2019