Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Perspective shift
Nicola Stan    2:46pm Mar 12 2019

What a fab question Emily, I'm so pleased you have found your 'armour' through all your sh** from last year. Woooohoooooo.....

I know exactly how you feel in the aspect of your life/perspective.

Positives of this unfortunate experience.....mmmm.....mmmmm.....tough one that....I've learned to take a step back and have patience that I have never knew. I have learned that my broken leg heals at its own time regardless of the goals I set for myself. Bones do not keep to a schedule!

I have had the courage to quit the profession I am qualified in and have had over 20 years experience in, the profession that takes most of my daily and quite often night thinking time. The profession that does not allow time for my important down time actitivies that make me so happy. The profession that leaves me with stress and anxiety and dictates my schedule on a daily, monthly and annual basis that has increased each year since I started. The profession that has allowed me the lifestyle that I have chosen, so not all bad. My broken leg has provided me strength to choose life again in a different and scary new way.

My break has allowed me to become close to my family members, to know they care - this has been wonderful. I am enriched for breaking my leg in this aspect.

My break has allowed my mind to wander endlessly and I have loved that part, being able to be creative and find new activities.

To balance the advantages, the disadvantage for me is the fear factor, the reduction in my gung ho, 'just fuc*ing do it' attitude. Sometimes I do not feel like myself at all. I miss the fun I had as my old self but love the deep thinker I am now. I just have to be patient with the 'new me'.

In essence, my life and perspective has changed, sometimes for the better, but not from my choice, I've just made the best of a terrible situation. It's got to work for my advantage, that I do know.

That's my subjective perspective anyway :-)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Perspective shift  new
Embonious  11:17am Mar 12 2019
 Re: Perspective shift  new
Nicola Stan  2:46pm Mar 12 2019
SMM  12:00pm Mar 13 2019
Petros  10:06am Mar 17 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 May 2019