Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

distal tibia and proximal fibula fractures-closed reduction
Edzen Espina    8:42pm Mar 31 2019

Hi everyone! I'm Edzen from the Philippines. I'm 46 years old, male, and works in a University. I got my tibia and fibula fractured after a bad fall last February 7, 2019. I was just walking to buy some fruits when the accident happened. I was rushed to the hospital, got a LEFT LEG APL x-ray. The radiographs showed complete fractures for both my left tibia and fibula. The following day I got a visit from my Orthopedic Surgeon. He gave me options whether to have plates inserted or closed reduction. I opted for the closed-reduction because of lesser risks and complications. I was placed on a temporary full-leg cast for two weeks to reduce swelling and pain. I was also taking pain relievers for a couple of days. the swelling and pain subsided. I went to visit my doctor after two weeks. My left leg was placed on a full-leg cast starting February 20, 2019. I was referred for a Left Leg APL again to check the alignment of my broken bones. Last March 26 my full- leg cast was removed. It was replaced with a below-the-knee-cast. I can now flex my knee. though my left thigh got a little atrophied, but I'm doing isolation exercises to get back the bulk of my left thigh little by little. Got another left leg APL x-ray, and my doctor was so happy with the results. My bones have aligned and currently I'm on a 20% weight bearing below the knee cast. I'm due for my fourth recast on April 30, 2019.

This whole experience made reflect that sometimes we need to take pause from a very busy work life. It made me appreciate more even the little positive things in life along with the great miracles. There were some frustrations along the way but it's nothing compared with the overwhelming support from family and friends. As of now,I'm reporting back to work with my cast. its a little bit strange especially on how to move around the office my crutches. But I'm feeling all the positive vibes.

I'm so glad I have found this website where I can share my experiences, my thoughts, and my feeling on my journey to full recovery.

ALL THE BEST FOR EVERYONE!

Much love,

Edzen

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

distal tibia and proximal fibula fractures-closed reduction  new
Edzen Espina  8:42pm Mar 31 2019
 Re: distal tibia and proximal fibula fractures-closed reduction  new
SMM  9:42pm Apr 1 2019
Edzen Espina  10:53pm Apr 1 2019
SMM  12:02am Apr 3 2019
Edzen Espina  2:26am Apr 3 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
24 June 2019