Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: metal rod and screws question
Nicola Stan    6:29am Apr 6 2019

Hi Joleen, I am sorry to hear about your fracture, I hope you have a degree of comfort and healing. I broke my tib and fib approx 8 months ago and went / going through some physical feelings you describe. The soft tissue healing was quite confusing, I always worried about the actual bones, not realising that soft tissue takes as much time to heal also. I had not a lot of feeling in my leg and foot, numbness as you describe. I'm happy to report that my feeling came back slowly and I believe it or not but tickling my leg and foot helped. I jumped up for joy the first time I actually 'felt' being tickled. I also couldn't feel heat or coldness on part of my leg also, this has also returned. Putting my leg in hot /cold water helped with my soft tissue healing as also did an electric duvet. I sort of developed a sensory recovery plan. All the best for your recovery and each and every person is individual in their recovery. My leg decided to be a slow healer!!!! Take care Nicky x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

metal rod and screws question  new
Joleen  4:10pm Mar 31 2019
 Re: metal rod and screws question  new
Joleen  4:11pm Mar 31 2019
Robert Zambenini  9:19am Apr 1 2019
Agata Gadek  11:26pm Apr 5 2019
Nicola Stan  6:29am Apr 6 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 April 2019