Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

In fourth month now, been some good n bad
Travis Guss    5:55pm Apr 21 2019

Hi everyone, first off gotta say I love this group ! Read lots of the discussions and can relate.

I broke my tibia and fibula on a New Year's Day hike. Was airlifted down the mountain. Had surgery (rod in tibia) on Jan 5.

Still healing, use a cane for long walks and going to lots of physical therapy. Was off work for almost a month then went back part time in February . Am full time now and can do 100 percent weight . But still have pain here n there.

PT has been the best thing throughout this but deep down its been pretty awful. I can definitely say there were some very dark days.

In March I was driving , and somehow foot slipped and pressed on accelerator while parking and went up on sidewalk n crashed the car. Thank goodness I didn't hit anyone ! Not sure if reflexes were bad cause of leg break , but whatever the case was bad.

April now, finally doing better, healing . Going to the gym a lot and doing all the recommended exercises. At first was embarrassed walking in front of the mirror at the gym but nobody there cares, and no reason to be embarrassed. The stationary bike is my favorite.

Anyways I'm babbling but am curious for those that have healed , when did you start feeling better? I've gone through some moments where I feel like my old self again but this break depressed me for awhile . Guess I really want to hear if and when it gets good again?

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

In fourth month now, been some good n bad  new
Travis Guss  5:55pm Apr 21 2019
 Re: In fourth month now, been some good n bad  new
Nicola Stan  4:32am Apr 22 2019
Travis Guss  6:18am Apr 27 2019
MaryAnn952  10:33am Apr 22 2019
Travis Guss  6:21am Apr 27 2019
MaryAnn952  4:20pm Apr 30 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 May 2019