Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: In fourth month now, been some good n bad
Nicola Stan    4:32am Apr 22 2019

Good news Travis!!! - I broke my tib and fib last July and although it's been a 'rocky road' I'm on the road to recovery in myself and my breakage.

This site has been an amazing support and a really good source of information - from a factual point of reference and also people's personal journeys.

Good to read that you are making good progress in regards to your leg and healing, I bet the car incident shook you alot!!

I think my break has changed me for the better! Not that I was a bad sort before, but I have real empathy with people and my patience level is through the roof. I do feel my old self, but physically I'm waiting to do some of my old activities - they can and will wait for me!!

Breaking my leg has really been up and down, each and every gain I felt fantastic, but set backs took a toll on me until I managed to understand that healing heals in their own time. I mean I can get fit and lose weight, the more exersise the better I felt....but this leg healing has been different. I have learn't that rest is just as good for my leg than excersise. I like to have a goal to work towards and thought if I increased my mileage per day, my leg would get stronger, I would be in less pain and I would lose some of the weight that I have put on....It didn't quite work out like that sometimes. I found if I pushed myself too hard - even attempting to go for a swim, faster pace ect could set me back a few days and weeks and that played havock on my mind and confidence. I've chilled out on the goals, I still exercise and walk and stretch and sometimes if I look at my step gadget I see over 15,0000 steps I think 'wow', all that and no pain!! My turning point for me was the 7 month mark, I had a long, sad type of depressed month, this passed and I am back to my old excited, happy self. I faced facts about my break and accepted my current state of play. I've also returned to work full time now, in a different capacity, my break gave me confidence to change!!

Going forwards I think I'll be looking to get my hardware removed, another tough decision, but the metal work is a framework and my ankle is extremely stiff and I can feel the metal on my ankle each and every time I move...I'll hang fire with this decision until the time is right!

Anyhow, the sun is shining in this part of the UK and I have things to do...including moving this old leg of mine!

Good luck, keep up with your fab work in the gym, keep the positive vibe going, roll with the bad feeling vibes (it will pass) and keep healing!

take care driving :-)

Nicky

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

In fourth month now, been some good n bad  new
Travis Guss  5:55pm Apr 21 2019
 Re: In fourth month now, been some good n bad  new
Nicola Stan  4:32am Apr 22 2019
Travis Guss  6:18am Apr 27 2019
MaryAnn952  10:33am Apr 22 2019
Travis Guss  6:21am Apr 27 2019
MaryAnn952  4:20pm Apr 30 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 May 2019