Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Tips for crutches?
Nicola Stan    5:29am Apr 28 2019

Hi Michael B

I'm sorry to hear about your leg, I broke my tib and fib last July and have posted several questions myself when I exhausted my net research. I only know of my uncle who broke his leg in the 80's and advice and chatting to him recovery and care has changed a bit since then. :-)

I'm not a doctor at all, I can only advise my own experience as each break is very different, how it heals, and how you deal with it are all personal aspects to consider for yourself.

When I was no weight bearing and in plaster, I hobbled to the loo, had a makeshift shower and that was about it, I was in pain, was scared to move, could not sleep and worried and cried constantly...things progressed on a daily / weekly basis. I hired a wheelchair which meant I could do things more independently, luckily the chair just fitted in between my internal doors! I also hired a scooter which I kept upstairs, so when I could shift upstairs I could manouvre around, as opposed to shuffling around.

I'm sorry if I cannot answer your question specifically, breakages are tough and it is amazing how you cope and create your own way of maneuvering safely and within your own pain threshold and doctor's advice!!! Non weight bearing I was advised, and non weight bearing is what I did....

All the very best over this tough few weeks and months ahead.

Nicky :-)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tips for crutches?  new
Michael.B  6:29am Apr 25 2019
 Re: Tips for crutches?  new
Nicola Stan  5:29am Apr 28 2019
Edzen Espina  1:07am Apr 29 2019
Michael Davison  10:11am Apr 29 2019
Michael.B  3:00pm Apr 29 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 August 2019