Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Tips for crutches?
Edzen Espina    1:07am Apr 29 2019

Hi there Michael,

I知 sorry to hear about your broken leg.

I used to have full leg cast last month. Just like you, my toes were a little bit pointed and my knee was also immobilized. I was also on non-weight bearing for a month, too. It was also a struggle. Putting socks could be very helpful since it would protect your toes from touching the floor directly and unconsciously putting weight on it. This would protect your toes from accidental minor bumps when you move. When you stand or walk, with crutches, please make a conscious effort to lift your injured leg to prevent your toes from touching the floor. It痴 actually tricky but you値l get used to it. When standing, I used to put my weight on my shoulders when using crutches. But I know, you will eventually find ways that will definitely work for you.

I pray, that we will have a smooth healing process. I知 still on my 11th week with 20% weight bearing. I知 due for a recast tomorrow with 50% weight bearing. I知 still using crutches too.

All the best Michael!

Edzen

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tips for crutches?  new
Michael.B  6:29am Apr 25 2019
 Re: Tips for crutches?  new
Nicola Stan  5:29am Apr 28 2019
Edzen Espina  1:07am Apr 29 2019
Michael Davison  10:11am Apr 29 2019
Michael.B  3:00pm Apr 29 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 May 2019