Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Tips for crutches?
Michael Davison (199.198.223.---)   10:11am Apr 29 2019

Hey Michael - Sorry that you seem to be having a hard time with the crutches. I broke my Tib and Fib back in March. However, I was discharged after surgery without a cast. So moving with crutches was never a problem for me.

I know in the beginning when I first started using my crutches, my good leg would tire if I stayed in a fixed position for longer than 30 seconds. My hip-flexor on the broken leg would tire too. This has gotten better with time. Be patient! The mental side is probably the hardest obstacle to overcome during this process.

As Nicky mentioned, you may want to rent a wheelchair to get around the house or when needing to leave home. My wheelchair wouldnt fit through most doorways at my house, so it's been kinda useless for me. I'm fortunate that crutches have worked out though.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Mike

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Tips for crutches?  new
Michael.B  6:29am Apr 25 2019
 Re: Tips for crutches?  new
Nicola Stan  5:29am Apr 28 2019
Edzen Espina  1:07am Apr 29 2019
Michael Davison  10:11am Apr 29 2019
Michael.B  3:00pm Apr 29 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 August 2019