Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Broken Fibula - Leg brace or cast?
Nicole Cerise    7:03pm May 8 2019

Hello, Michael. I broke my fibula on March 17th. Oblique fracture near the ankle. Like you, I didnít see the doctor until over a week later because I was out of the country when it happened and I assumed it was a terrible sprain or a torn tendon. At my first visit, he told me the same. It was only slightly displaced and since Iíd been limping around for so long, he just had me wear a boot. The doc said I could drive and sleep without it, but wear it when walking and that I could bare weight, so I did. He wanted to see me in a month. When I returned with my swollen, painful foot, he said it had moved and admonished me for walking on it! He said that I was on the cusp of needing surgery. Frustrated, I showed him the after care report where he said I could bare weight. I had since found out that he is more liberal with the instructions than other docs. I wished I was put in a cast, as other people that Iíve talked to with a similar injury were. My advise to you, regardless of doctor instructions, keep weight off as much as possible. I return tomorrow for another x-ray and hope for more progress than last time as I kept the weight off. Good luck to you. I hope that you heal fast!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Broken Fibula - Leg brace or cast?  new
Michael Monaghan  2:50am May 5 2019
 Re: Broken Fibula - Leg brace or cast?  new
SMM  9:07am May 5 2019
 Re: Broken Fibula - Leg brace or cast?  new
Nicole Cerise  7:03pm May 8 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 May 2019