Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Setting off metal detectors and hardware removal?
Nicola Stan    3:32pm May 21 2019

The security guys were really good at the airports, first 4 times I used my crutch and they immediately asked if I needed 'special assistance' which basically means going to the boarding in a little car, I used it and it was great. When I didn't use my leg swelled up more. The airlines were great also, one airline gave me a whole row of 3 seats to myself - see of you can book assistance for your flight!! I did go 'normally' last week, I queued for my cases, security ect and I was weary and swollen and tired, but managed it :-) I've totally accepted my breakage and the challenges to getting back to my normal level of walking / fitness, I do have pain where my nails / screws are in both my ankle area and in the middle of my shin, I'm hoping that removal will mean less pain and more movement.

OMG...my garden is crazy but wonderful....flower meadow in full flower, never seen so many bees in my life! Baby birds tweeting all around, vegetable seedlings growing and flowering, sunshine and showers, herbs for tea infusions...I could go on and on....my garden has been my wildlife little bit of sanctuary :-)

I'm slow walking but did attempt to jog the other day,a sort of faster hoppy walk and we are getting my bike ready for the weekend to go for a mini ride for the first time since last July :-)

All in all....onwards and upwards and not too many downwards these past couple of months.

How are you doing? How is your work and your guitar? How are you getting along with your breakage?

Nicky x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Setting off metal detectors and hardware removal?  new
Embonious  9:06am May 15 2019
 Re: Setting off metal detectors and hardware removal?  new
Kate B  10:45am May 15 2019
Embonious  7:17am May 16 2019
Petros  6:24am May 16 2019
Embonious  7:17am May 16 2019
Petros  2:49pm May 16 2019
Embonious  2:22am May 17 2019
Travis Guss  12:37pm May 18 2019
Embonious  1:45pm May 19 2019
Nicola Stan  3:03pm May 21 2019
Embonious  3:16pm May 21 2019
Nicola Stan  3:32pm May 21 2019
6girl  8:51am Jun 23 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 June 2019