Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: St. Patrick's Day break
Nicola Stan    2:38pm May 27 2019

Hi Arwen,

It doesn't matter how you broke your leg,we are all in the same boat with a horrid broken leg - I broke my tib and fib last summer getting out of a hot tub - nice experience of going to A&E in my swimming costume - but hey!! lol...

It's an experience that changes your life for a bit isn't it? My x-rays never showed any healing for 4 months and that has been difficult to deal with trying to keep up beat when given slow news is frustrating, depressing and sad....However I did!!! I focused my brain, concentrated on things I could do and tried to keep reiterating to myself that this break was temporary and in a years time I'll be back walking. It's really funny as my recovery has been like baby birds fledgling. I fledged to walk with my crutches, fledged to be brave enough to get over a step to get into my garden,fledged walking with my air boot, fledged swimming at 6 months,....ect ect (you get the picture) Fledgling felt exciting doing something for the first time - especially driving, but fledge I did and now 10 months on, people may not realise that I have a broken leg. I'm happy to say my leg just started showing signs of healing at the 4 month mark, a very memorable happy time during this breakage time. Each to their own, everyone has their own story and healing story - yours will be personal to you also. Ride the depression stage with your inner strength and do not believe the negative thoughts!!!! Congratulate yourself of each and every achievements, however small - these will form part of your breakage story. Good luck Arwen. p.s I'm just a few years younger than you and I have also been told my age could have been a factor with my healing...but I'm walking!!!!!!x

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

St. Patrick's Day break  new
Arwen Clevelandstar  9:30am May 27 2019
 Re: St. Patrick's Day break  new
Nicola Stan  2:38pm May 27 2019
Arwen Clevelandstar  2:41pm May 27 2019
Nicola Stan  2:56pm May 27 2019
Edzen Espina  3:18am May 28 2019
Arwen Clevelandstar  5:12am May 28 2019
Travis Guss  7:44am May 28 2019
Arwen Clevelandstar  7:58am May 28 2019
MaKayla  6:14pm Jun 9 2019
Arwen Clevelandstar  7:26pm Jun 9 2019
Kate B  4:17am Jun 12 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
14 October 2019