Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Vacation after Broken Leg?
Travis Guss    7:31am May 28 2019

Hi Marina, I broke my tibia and fibula the day before my vacation on January 1. I had no idea the extent that this break would have on my life (back then). I told the emergency that I was going to go on my trip and if I could have the surgery when I got back. I was so new ;) Dr said definitely not ok to fly and had to cancel my vacation. Surgery was January 5, I took the postponed vacation on April 29, so almost 5 months later. I'm hoping for you that by October you'll be in great shape to go on the vacation. PT suggested compression sock, dr suggested aspirin pre-flight. I also brought my walking stick. Also made sure to get a handicap seat on the plane, the system is set to really help us with canes and crutches and such. And I thought there'd be more pain but there actually wasn't. My PT said wow that vacation provided some noticeable improvement, when I returned. I definitely followed all directions, walked a lot and it turned out fine. You're lucky since October is still awhile away so you have time to recover more. Have fun in October, sounds like a fun trip.

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Vacation after Broken Leg?  new
Marina  11:32pm May 26 2019
 Re: Vacation after Broken Leg?  new
Nicola Stan  2:07pm May 27 2019
Travis Guss  7:31am May 28 2019
6girl  8:38am Jun 23 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
26 June 2019