Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Spent the day outside!!
zd80 (50.32.200.---)   4:26pm May 29 2019

I got to spend a good part of today out on our front porch and it was great! We had some strong thunderstorms here last night and there was even reports of a tornado not all that far from where we live! But this morning was pretty nice so I thought maybe I'd go drink my coffee out on the front porch. My girlfriend wheeled me on out, and I ended up hanging out there for hours! It was great to be outside and not cooped up on the couch. I drank my coffee, then I watched some stuff on my tablet, later on the mailman showed up and I talked to him for a little while, checked out the new Cabelas catalog he brought (for after I get better), I even dozed off and took a nap for an hour or so! Never moved from that spot in the porch, but felt like I did so much! I love being outside.
It started getting pretty warm out later this afternoon, so I asked my girlfriend to bring me a couple ice packs to sit on top of my cast to cool my leg off inside. Lol. Thank God we have a covered front porch so at least I could be in the shade. Had to come back in a short time ago. Looking like we're going to get another thunderstorm soon.
Funny how something as small as getting to be outdoors for a few hours can boost your spirits? Especially when you've spent weeks basically stuck on the couch.

5/7/19- suffered fractured ankle, grade 2 high ankle sprain, and fractured tibia. Full leg backslab splint.
5/17/19- 1st ortho appt. No surgery, fiberglass LLC NWB
6/1/19- 2nd LLC NWB
6/29/19- LLWC applied minimal WB
7/20/19- SLC applied

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Spent the day outside!!  new
zd80  4:26pm May 29 2019
 Re: Spent the day outside!!  new
Edzen Espina  12:57am May 30 2019
Nicola Stan  1:20pm May 30 2019
zd80  4:10pm May 30 2019
Nicola Stan  2:07pm May 31 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
20 August 2019