Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Checking in - mood dipped, full length cast and fracture clinic tomorrow
Michael.B    3:20pm May 30 2019

Hi all - Iíve not posted for a couple of weeks, Iíve been having a hard time getting along in the plaster Iím in for my ruptured Achillesí tendon.
Iíve been in the cast for 3weeks now and itís been very tough indeed- tougher than I thought it would be. My life has kinda been put on hold.
Itís hard to do much for myself in the cast - it goes from my toes to my thigh/hip and my foot is set so my toes point to the floor. Itís makes for using the crutches tricky to say the least. I need help washing, dressing and so forth.
My mood has suffered-Iíve been feeling really low of late and I donít know why apart from what Iíve just said? Has anyone else ever felt like this?
I go to the fracture clinic tomorrow for a check to see how I am getting along.
My cast is getting loose and it feels more uncomfortable than usual because of this.
Iím being treated with a series of serial casts. This is the first one.
Iím hoping thereís some healing in my tendon that will allow them to move my foot more upwards and make it easier to use my crutches.
Iím going to have another full length toes to thigh cast put on - the nurse I spoke to about this cast being loose today told me that - but hopefully itíll be a bit easier to be in than this one.
We are due warm and humid weather here in the UK this next few days- Iím dreading being in plaster at this time.
Warm wishes for good healing.

23rd April ruptured achilles left leg. Temporary plaster splint (full leg equinus)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Checking in - mood dipped, full length cast and fracture clinic tomorrow  new
Michael.B  3:20pm May 30 2019
 Re: Checking in - mood dipped, full length cast and fracture clinic tomorrow  new
Nicola Stan  2:16pm May 31 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
21 July 2019