Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Long leg cast??
Michael.B    2:52pm Jun 2 2019

Hi Telisha - i think the reason the doctors use long leg casts is to stop the broken bones from moving. Even if the breaks are close by your ankle. I think there are pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages of this:
The pros of the long leg cast is that it will heal your leg assuming you have to have one put on your leg. You avoid an opera also.
The cons are that: you cannot move your knee, which is a hassle. Itís makes life hard!
Sleeping isnít easy. Nor is showering.
This type of cast isnít comfortable - mine isnít. And I donít think anyone who has been or currently is in a long leg cast would say they are.
But you kind of adjust to being in one.
Good luck and if you need any help or advice should you get a long leg cast them feel free to write, email and so on.
Iíve found this site great.

23rd April ruptured achilles left leg. Temporary plaster splint (full leg equinus)

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Long leg cast??  new
telisha green  8:42am Jun 1 2019
 Re: Long leg cast??  new
Michael.B  9:46am Jun 1 2019
telisha green  11:33am Jun 1 2019
zd80  6:04am Jun 2 2019
Nicola Stan  7:42am Jun 2 2019
Michael.B  2:52pm Jun 2 2019
telisha green  6:34am Jun 4 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
14 October 2019