Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: 2nd appointment New Cast!
zd80 (50.32.200.---)   4:24pm Jun 4 2019

Thanks WB! Just got back a little while ago. Had a great time visiting with everyone up at my work. It was so nice to see all my coworkers again! For most of them, this was the first time they had seen me since my injury occurred 4 weeks ago. You can imagine some of the reactions I got! Especially with this big cast. Some people even thought I must have "shattered" my leg or broken my femur bone when they first saw me in it! Plus with the wheelchair I probably looked like quite the "sad case".
I'm not the kind of person who seeks out attention or anything like that. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. But it was kind of nice. Lol. I feel a little guilty saying that though. I even think my girlfriend got a little jealous when 2 of the girls that work in the office were kind of making a big fuss over me! I thought it was funny! But I don't think she did! :(:( Lol.
Everyone was so nice and sympathetic. They all wished me well and most of them asked to sign my cast, so now I have a bunch of new little notes and comments to jazz up that plain white background!
It hasn't been too crazy hot and humid here where I live just yet. But it certainly will start to get that way VERY soon. I have central AC in my house so it stays really nice inside and I don't have any problems. However, we'll have to see about when I'm outside in the high heat and humidity. I usually spend the mornings outside on the porch in my wheelchair drinking coffee. But then come in when it starts heating up.
The pain has slowly been diminishing. Its usually ok as long as it's elevated, which is how I generally keep it so that's good news right? I've been getting much better with the crutches, but stick to the wheelchair as much as possible. It's so much easier and my leg and ankle doesn't swell up with it like it does if I'm crutching for what my leg deems to be "too long ". That's right...the leg is in charge. When it hurts, I try to listen and not do things that "make it angry ". Lol. And vice versa!

5/7/19- suffered fractured ankle, grade 2 high ankle sprain, and fractured tibia. Full leg backslab splint.
5/17/19- 1st ortho appt. No surgery, fiberglass LLC NWB
6/1/19- 2nd LLC NWB
6/29/19- LLWC applied minimal WB
7/20/19- SLC applied

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

2nd appointment New Cast!  new
zd80  6:29am Jun 2 2019
 Re: 2nd appointment New Cast!  new
Michael.B  8:02am Jun 2 2019
zd80  10:32am Jun 2 2019
Michael.B  11:22am Jun 2 2019
WB  4:22am Jun 3 2019
zd80  3:51am Jun 4 2019
WB  1:55pm Jun 4 2019
zd80  4:24pm Jun 4 2019
WB  8:17pm Jun 4 2019
zd80  3:39pm Jun 5 2019
WB  5:28pm Jun 5 2019
WB  3:15am Jun 10 2019
zd80  10:00am Jun 10 2019
WB  11:16am Jun 10 2019
zd80  3:49pm Jun 10 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
14 October 2019