Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Update
Michael Davison    7:37am Jun 12 2019

Hello everyone!

It's been awhile since I last posted, but I thought I'd give an update on my progress and healing.

If you didn't know, I broke my tibia and fibula (spiral fracture) back on the 17th of March (Yes.. St Paddy's, yet no whisky or beer was involved). I had surgery two days later where a titanium rod and 4 screws were inserted in my leg. No weight bearing for 6 weeks. Was stuck in bed and on the couch predominantly during this entire period. That really sucked!

It's now 13 weeks since the injury and I am 100% weight bearing. I am able to pick up my toddler son and play lightly with him during the days. I drive my car and have returned to the office and have resumed normal duties. I go to physio therapy twice a week and do my exercises daily. A lot of hard work and research has gone into my recovery. I am so happy with the progress I'm making. I hope to be back in the gym over the next couple of weeks to resume weight lifting and other physical activities. My wife and I had our second child last week, so I'm able to help out around the house and be a good loving husband and father.

I meet with my ortho this afternoon to find out how well the healing is going. I suspect good news, as it's only the swelling in my leg that appears to be holding me back.

I wanted to write this update for those individuals that recently broke their leg, to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. You will be much better in 90+ days. Don't get too down on yourself, as you will be back to your old self sooner than you think.

Sending positive vibes your way...

Mike

03/17/2019 - Break Tibia and Fibula due to a slip on ice. Doctor confirms spiral fractures on both bones.
03/20/2019 - ORIF procedure conducted to fix my leg. IM Nail, two plates, and four screws inserted.
04/03/2019 - Back at the fracture clinic for more X Rays. Confirmed ORIF procedure was a success and incisions healing well
05/01/2019 - Begin Partial weight bearing and physio therapy
05/31/2019 - 100% weight bearing in the house
06/10/2019 - 100% weight bearing outside, at work, and in the house

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Update  new
Michael Davison  7:37am Jun 12 2019
 Re: Update  new
Travis Guss  9:21pm Jun 12 2019
Nicola Stan  11:12am Jun 13 2019
SMM  11:36am Jun 13 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
25 June 2019