Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Last ortho appt today-finished PT too
Travis Guss    9:19pm Jun 12 2019

Just read Michael's update , (the post just before mine) and yay! Great news! I'm posting very similarly. There's Hope!

(Tibia and fibula fracture 1/1/19, Tibia rod surgery 1/5/19)

Went for my last ortho check up today, the doc said the tibia has healed and its merged nicely with the rod. He told me 100 percent healed. The fibula is still minorly fractured but nothing to worry about with.

But goodness it was a good visit. I've been 100% weight bearing for awhile, some minor leftover leg pain here and there, but nothing as bad as the 12 hours after the operation. I've been back at the gym three or four times a week. Doc said I can start jogging again but slowly.

The doctors office is in the same building where I went to the wonderful Physical Therapists office so I've frequented the building lots this year and leaving today, wanted to cry, in the good way, so many emotions over the awfulness of leg break. I totally recalled going to the first few appointments there on crutches and thinking the doors were so heavy and was sweating by the time I'd get to the dr. And how I felt totally pathetic at the first PT appt.

Some of the most helpful advice I got was do the physical therapy exercises as often as you can. And I did. My mother kept telling me to 'be patient' and I couldn't stand hearing that, its not easy.

This is quite a journey and I totally feel everything that everyone posts in this forum. Its so helpful and very glad for the outlet for us to talk of our similar experiences . I actually mentioned it to my doc and he hadn't heard of it, do hope he checks it out cause we definitely all need forums like this!

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Last ortho appt today-finished PT too  new
Travis Guss  9:19pm Jun 12 2019
 Re: Last ortho appt today-finished PT too  new
Robert Zambenini  9:00am Jun 14 2019
Marina  3:47am Jun 16 2019
Travis Guss  7:29am Jun 17 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
12 December 2019