Home | Diaries | Discussion | Chat | Tips | FAQ | Links | Donations | Search | How to change your profile
www.MyBrokenLeg.com

List all messages  |  Search this forum  |  Log In 

Re: Just checking in
zd80 (50.32.200.---)   5:22pm Jun 17 2019

Hi WB!
My leg's been ok I guess. While I still have some swelling and pain at times, it's continuing to slowly decrease in both the frequency and pain intensity. Except for a few days ago when I lost by balance and accidentally banged my cast pretty hard....ouch, that hurt! That was, miraculously enough the first time I'd really done that so far! Thank goodness for that!! But I kept it propped up and iced it and after a short time, it didn't really hurt much anymore.
The wheelchair is definitely easier on me than the crutches are, and I'm gonna keep using it for now. I like the convenience, and also how I can basically keep my cast propped up almost all the time. I can move quicker and more freely, plus carry a few things if necessary. Something, as we all know can be difficult to do on crutches. On the other hand, the crutches give me another kind of freedom....freedom from sitting on my butt!! Lol. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since my breaks, and while I realize I still have a ways to go in my recovery, I'm growing kind of tired of sitting all day! It's nice to get up and move around every once in a while. Lol.

5/7/19- suffered fractured ankle, grade 2 high ankle sprain, and fractured tibia. Full leg backslab splint.
5/17/19- 1st ortho appt. No surgery, fiberglass LLC NWB
6/1/19- 2nd LLC NWB
6/29/19- LLWC applied minimal WB
7/20/19- SLC applied

Post a follow-up comment   Newer messages  |  Older messages 

Just checking in  new
zd80  12:46pm Jun 16 2019
 Re: Just checking in  new
WB  8:18am Jun 17 2019
 Re: Just checking in  new
zd80  5:22pm Jun 17 2019

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
www.MyBrokenLeg.com
23 July 2019